Sunday, February 18, 2007
"Out of Place: From Exile to Flexible Citizenship"
On Thursday morning, I attended "Out of Place: From Exile to Flexible Citizenship," with host Maria Gabriela Nouzeilles. I had a hard time understanding what the whole presentation was about. I also, as some of my classmates have stated, had a hard time with her because of her accent. I also found myself asking my neighbors what she was talking about. Sadly, it wasn't until the questions part of the presentation came about that I got a small grasp of what she was talking about. What I was able to get out of it was that electronic media like the Internet and accessable travel has made the world more globalized. Making it easier for people to go other places and yet get pushed around and receive a hard time because of being from a foreign place. Her video showed this. However, the electronic media opened the door to new places, knocking down barriers that would otherwise be left alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish I had of attended a different presentation because like EVERYONE said, Maria Nouzeilles and her presentation on "Out of Place: From Exile to Flexible Citizenship, was so difficult to understand. I think the question/answer section at the end was easier for people, including myself, to understand because she was actually talking rather than simply reading an essay. I also think the video presentation at the end was beneficial because it somewhat showed what she was talking about rather than her just telling us.
Post a Comment