I agree with some of the other posts, that the pressures of the marketplace are inevitable and will control our media system for a very long time. I do not see how we can avoid this problem, because the media, like almost everything in this world, are driven by profit.
So in order to attend to the needs of the public it would be crazy to think that we could alleviate the pressures of the marketplace upon the media. Instead we need to be thinking how we can meet our needs with the current system.
I think somebody already addressed this in their post, but what needs to happen is that people need to realize that the media does give in to the pressures of the marketplace and therefore the information that we receive can be bias. As soon as the public realizes that, if they have enough initiative they will use various other sources in order to get a better understanding.
To me this seems like the best alternative for combating a bias media, however like our reading stated many people only go to the sources that agree with their own bias. So I think it is up to the individual to seek sources that disagree with our own bias so we can get a more balanced view of information and events.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment