I helped Ralph film Naomi Klein's speech to an introduction to mass communication class on Thursday afternoon. I found her speech to be very interesting. She began by staying her credentials and explaining what all she had done in the journalism field. I think the class enjoyed hearing all of the possibilities that they could accomplish soon.
When she dove into her topic she began a passionate speech about the privatizations of the government. She spoke about global issues of government and business mergers. I think all of her information was very interesting and also sparked a new debate that more journalists should work for. The documentary she worked called "The Take" on was screened Thursday night.
Overall I found Klein's theories strong and important. Her take on economics and government was very in depth and also right on the mark. All of her claims were backed by specific examples, even when asked an off the wall question by a student.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment