Monday, March 26, 2007

Celebrity Gossip? or News?

First off, since this seems to be a personal preference type thing, I don't see celebrity news or gossip blogs as a source of news. I have no interest in it and I don't recognize blogs as a source of news. I don't think they're creditble unless they're sponsered by someone or some corporation that is creditble.

Now that doesn't mean that all celeb news is total crap because they're real people to. They just happen to be in the spot light. So if something drastic or life changing happens that involves them...then it definatly deserves headlines on local and cable news. What I do not believe in though is the constant running of celeb stories like CNN and Fox News did with the Anna Nicole death. That bothers me. The fact that we can go weeks hearing and talking about the same topic is insane. It makes one think and ask the question: "Is there not anything else more important happening in the world today?" That is the part of "News" today that kills me. The constant drilling of one subject which usually has something to do with a celebrity whether it's Britney Spears, Paris Hilton or Anna Nicole.

No comments: