I don’t necessarily think that falsifying and making up stories is a problem in today’s society, however stories can and generally need to be manipulated in some shape or form, which could be interpreted as falsifying information.
I acknowledge that manipulating stories is a problem; however, I do not foresee how we can get around this issue. In my opinion the only way to counteract this problem is to get your news from a variety of reliable sources in order to gain a well-rounded perspective of the news and a more detailed account of what is happening in the world.
I think journalists today have a moral obligation and understand that materializing stories is not ethical, and if they do it, they will get caught. This is why I think that falsifying information is not a problem, but not to say that manipulation isn’t. I think there is a major difference between the two and manipulation is what society should focus on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment