I do believe there is a problem out there in the journalism world, when it comes to telling the truth. Many journalists/companies find that telling a fib or white lie in the news to get more views and higher ratings is acceptable. I, however, DO NOT!
Maybe journalists do need licenses that CAN be revoked if they do some "wrong-doing" in their field of work.
Feldstien says...just because we are given the freedom of speech, doesn't mean we have to use it as a freedom of irresponsibility.
The media does have a group called the "watch-dogs"...but is it enough? I don't think so! I think, as journalists, everyone should follow their code of ethics to the fullest.
I guess I like the fact of blogging for information on what's going on around the world. I never thought that way before this class...but I have learned a lot.
I think that through blogging...we can talk about the news instead of just getting it shoved in our faces every day at 5 6 and 10.
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment