I honestly can't say if celebrity (gossip) is news. What seems news to some might not be for others. It interests me but might not interest others, but I also don't put it on the same level as other news concerning the rest of the world.
Just to put it out there, people in Africa or India who are starving or people who are dying in the war could probably care less if Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz are still together. To some people, it does matter...I don't know why but it does.
I consider myself a pretty intelligent, unselfish person but I still find myself watching Access Hollywood or E! plenty of times. Heck, my father who's been retired from the Air Force who i would never caring about celebrity gossip was reading UsWeekly and People magazine just last week.
I don't think that celebrity gossip is irrelevant because entertainment has become part of our culture, but I do think that we could go without it, and I'm sure the celebrities could too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment