Thursday, March 8, 2007

Fairness Doctrine

I think that the Fairness Doctrine was good in theory, but in todays society I fear that it would be too much to ask. I do not disagree that the American public is searching for some type of control in the material they are fed by the media, however the Fairness Doctrine wouldn't quite achieve what we are looking for. We are looking for the truth. Which means any guidelines being enforced may interfere with that. While we could assert certain values or goals in what we receive from the media, I hate to to tell journalists what to right. Instead what we need is a bit of a journalistic revolution. We need the media to realize what they are cuirrenlty feeding us and that it needs to be changed. Once they adopt the desire to truly educate us on the real news, the better off we will be. I feel that it is this realization and this realization only that can positively make a difference.

No comments: