Online music sharing has definitely changed the recording industry. It has probably had both negative and positive repercussions for the industry, but personally I think the effects have been mostly positive .
The most positive aspect to come out of online music sharing, as I see it, is that it has given a voice to almost anyone. Many struggling bands or up-and-coming talent now have the opportunity to get their music out there and available to the public. It's an amazing opportunity for artists and they can take full advantage of it through the Internet and online music sharing.
Another advantage is that you have quick and easy access to different music from around the world. It is difficult to find music from Australian artists in America, however, online music sharing bridges that gap and makes Australian music just a click away.
The negative repercussions of such a novelty is that sales could possibly decline. As it states in our text that we read earlier in the semster it is hard to detect whether or not this statement has any value, but it is well known that it is definitely a possibility. If online music sharing is available then why go out and buy a CD. Not only does that take time and effort but it costs money. However, there's the argument that file sharing increases audiences and therefore the music indusrty receives greater sales. I don't think either side of the argument can prove they're entirely correct, and I presume only time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment