Tuesday, April 17, 2007

V-Chip

This system only works if the parents use it. But do parents know it's out there? Would they know how to use it? Those are questions I have. The tv rating system is a good ranking system for parents to have an idea of what would be good for their kids. I do not believe the kids themselves use the system. I think seeing the higher rankings as well as identifying that they have access to those shows will only make them want to watch them more. Kids are curious little humans. But, that's where the v-chip is suppose to come into play. I just don't think parents are willing to screw around with it. Broadcasters should be a little more aware of when kids have good access to tv which means they should be careful about their scheduling. I personally wouldn't use it. I would take responsibility and watch more closely myself.

No comments: